Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'm Crazy About Mini Quilts and Instagram!

For the past few months I have been busy making five graduation quilts, one for my daughter and one each for her four good friends. These are large lap quilts and each quilt is different so, needless to say, I've been busy! To give myself a break I have started making mini quilts.  Here are three I've made recently.

Mini Dwell


This is a mini Dwell, designed by Camille Roskelley and you can find it on her  Thimbleblossoms site.  Isn't it adorable! And so easy to make. I used a charm pack of Bonnie and Camille's April Showers and a fat 1/8th from Bonnie and Camille's Scrumptious line to make this, along with some Kona white.  So simple and it went together in a flash.  I cut, pieced, quilted and bound this in just one morning.

 
Mini Swoon


This is a mini Swoon, also by Camille. I used Bonnie and Camille's Scrumptious and Kona white for this.  The pattern calls for eight fat 1/8ths - so it's a great way to use up your stash.  I enjoyed making the Swoon block so I made a single of the original size, below.  This block measures 25" square so I plan to quilt it, bind it and hang it as a small wall hanging.

 
25" Swoon Block


Are you on Instagram?  You should be! You can follow these cute quilts, and more, on Instagram.  You can see my quilts, blocks and more when you follow me @julieqquilts.  On Instagram you can follow these cute minis by searching the hashtags #dwellalong, #minidwellalong, #swoonalong, #miniswoonalong...you get the picture.  Some of my favorite quilters to follow on Instagram are @jaybirdquilts @thimbleblossoms and @quiltingismybliss.  You can find a lot of inspiration on Instagram so check it out!

Have you joined the mini craze? What mini quilts have you made lately?

I hope you're inspired today!

1 comment:

  1. I actually found your blog through Instagram. Started following you there, now following you here! I haven't made a mini, but I do love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete